What is Cluster?
Cluster is a group of connected companies. The type of activities determines the connecting of companies in the Cluster because most of them are involved in the activities in the field of forestry, wood processing, furniture production and similar activities.
Creating of long term sustainable business model for strengthening competitiveness of wood processing sector by encouraging the activities in the field of research, development of technology, applying and commercialisation of innovation and encouraging of investments.
To build a strong and sustainable cluster which will gather and credibly represent wood processing sector on all levels, including participation of leading companies, members of research and development sector and representatives of public sector.
Latest Events & NetworkingVIEW ALL -
- Despite of decline in Croatian industrial production of -5,6% in June this year compared to a y...
- On the 26th of September 2019, we look forward to meet you in Slavonski Brod (Croatia). More th...
- Na konferenciji u Dubrovniku sudjeluje oko 1000 sudionika. Premijer Andrej Plenković se osvrnuo...
Latest ActivitiesVIEW ALL -
- More than 200 participants, representatives of the sawmill industry and forestry, leading Europ...
- The 12th International scientific conference RIM 2019 is currently being held in Sarajevo. Croa...
- The exhibition of industrial and designer Croatian furniture stays open until Sunday - a week l...
Croatian Wood Cluster in Figures
SIGNED AGREEMENTS ON COOPERATION THE SEE REGION
MEMBERS OF THE CROATIAN WOOD CLUSTER
PARTICIPANTSON THE EVENTSIN 10 YEARS
ORGANIZED INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES
EXPERT MAGAZINES PUBLISHED BY CLUSTER
Planned ActivitiesVIEW ALL -
- We invite you to join more than 300 participants from EU and SEE countries (owners of leading w...
- On 30th-31st January 2018 a conference on R&D in Southeast European countries will be organ...
Invitation to the Presentation of the EU Project in Ljubljana. Get Involved with FORESDA by Encouraging Innovation and Competitiveness!Earlier this year started the activities within the international project FORESDA, which aims t...
Evaluation of the past YearVIEW ALL -
- The European Forestry Strategy of 1998 was replaced by a new and modern document in 2013 that r...
- In 2013 this sector was worth around EUR 115 billion (USD 128 bn.) at the global level, and in ...
- Europe is recovering after the recession and represents the engine for some areas of the entire...
I am glad that after twenty years of being present in wood processing sector I have accepted the proposal of my colleges to lead the Croatian Wood Cluster. We have all done a great job in order to strengthen this sector and Cluster is today one of the most important professional association in Croatian economy, which is visible according to the achieved results.
Darko Prodan, president - Croatian Wood Cluster
The growth of export is the speciality of this sector and recognizable mark because it has grown for almost 300 percent from 2003 to 2015. We are pleased by the structure and growth of some subsectors, for example in furniture export (the biggest growth of the export of furniture is to Germany). Of course, everyone in sector find that the stabile situation regarding the parquet sale is important then this is one of the most known Croatian brands.
Marijan Kavran, director - Croatian Wood Cluster
Unlike the rest of the Croatian economy, the wood processing and furniture industries have stabile and positive trends. According to unofficial data for 2014, the sector has achieved a significant increase in exports, and especially good news is the growth of furniture exports by about 17 percent. These are good indicators in spite of the deteriorating trends in the domestic industry and the decline in GDP.
Darko Motik, Ph. D., Secretary of Croatian Wood Cluster, University in Zagreb - Faculty of Forestry
Cluster performs various and numerous activities, which must be in accordance with the founding documents, statute and regulations, primarily in accordance with the Law on Associations. On the other hand, Cluster gathers different and heterogeneous companies: small and large wood processing companies, primary processing and finalists, domestic and foreign investors, producers of wood pellets, as well as designers of furniture, etc. In these multiple activities Cluster integrates all sector to work together and to cooperate and the strengthens joint operations. Every activity is documented (note, photo, audio or video documentation, the publication in the media or statements).
Dario Puljiz, President of the Supervisory Board, President of the Board Spacva Inc.
Croatia - Wood Processing Sector in Figures
- Croatian Raw material
- Abroad income
- Forest territory
- Growth of furniture export in Germany
- Croatian Export by Wood Processing Industry
Join the Membership
The primary objective of the Croatian Wood Cluster is to be a partner and to provide logistics support to the membership throughout communication with other companies and sectors, representatives of institutions and the media.